1. General Information
1.1 Objective and Responsibility
- This Data Privacy Statement is to inform you about the nature, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data related to our online service https://www.erc-online.de/ and the related websites, features and contents (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘online service’ or ‘website’).
- Details of data processing for the purpose of carrying out our business processes are described in section 3.
- The following companies of the ERC Group are the providers of the online service and joint controllers (responsible parties) pursuant to Article 4 (7) of the General Data Protection Regulation:
The companies mentioned are hereinafter referred to as "provider", "we" or "us". Details of the responsible parties regarding data protection can be found in the imprint of this online service.
- ERC Emissions-Reduzierungs-Concepte GmbH
- ERC Additive GmbH
- ERC Technik GmbH
- ERC Messen Steuern Regeln GmbH
- ERC Engineering Xperts GmbH
- Our online service is hosted by Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG (Königsberger Straße 4-6, 32339 Espelkamp, Germany).
- You can reach out to our Data Protection Officer under the E-Mail address office(at)erc-online.de.
- The term ‘user’ encompasses all customers, interested people, employees and visitors of our online service.
1.2 Legal Bases
We collect and process personal data based on the following legal grounds:
- Consent in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 (a) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Consent meaning any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of agreement, which could be in the form of a statement or any other unambiguous confirmatory act, given by the data’s subject consenting to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
- Necessity for the performance of a contract or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract according to Article 6 paragraph 1 (b) GDPR, meaning the data is required in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you or to prepare the conclusion of a contract with you.
- Processing to fulfil a legal obligation in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 (c) GDPR, meaning that e.g. the processing of data is required by law or other provisions.
- Processing in order to protect legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 (f) GDPR, meaning that the processing is necessary to protect legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, unless such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data.
1.3 Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights with regards to the processing of your data through us:
- Right of access in accordance with Article 15 GDPR
- Right to rectification in accordance with Article 16 GDPR
- Right to erasure („right to be forgotten“) in accordance with Article 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing in accordance with Article 18 GDPR
- Right to data portability in accordance with Article 20 GDPR
- Right to objection in accordance with Article 21 GDPR
Notice: Users may object to the processing of their personal data in accordance with legal allowances at any time with effect for the future. The objection may in particular be made against processing for the purposes of direct marketing.Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you shall have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, employment or the place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR.
1.4 Data Erasure and Duration of Storage
The personal data of the data subject will be erased or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage is inapplicable. Storage of data beyond that may occur if such storage is required by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other regulations to which the controller is subject. Blocking or erasure of data also takes place when a retention period mandated by the standards mentioned expires, unless the continued storage of data is required for the conclusion of a contract or the fulfilment of contractual obligations.
1.5 Security of Processing
- We have implemented appropriate and state-of-the-art technical and organisational security measures (TOMs). Thus, the data that is processed by us is protected against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and unauthorized access.
- These security measures include in particular the encrypted transfer of data between your browser and our server.
1.6 Transfer of Data to Third Parties, Subcontractors and Third Party Providers
- A transfer of personal data to third parties only occurs within the framework of legal requirements. We only disclose personal data of users to third parties, if this is required e.g. for billing purposes or other purposes, if the disclosure is necessary to ensure the fulfilment of contractual obligations towards the users.
- If we engage subcontractors for our online service, we have made appropriate contractual arrangements as well as adequate technical and organizational measures with these companies.
- If we use content, tools or other means from other companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘third party providers’) whose registered offices are located in a third country, it is assumed that a transfer of data to the home countries of these third party providers occurs. The transfer of personal data to third countries takes place exclusively only, if an adequate level of data protection, the user’s consent or another legal permission is present.
2. Processing activities within the scope of our online service
2.1 Collection of Information on the Use of the Online Service
- When using our online-service, information may be transferred automatically from the browser of the user to us; this information includes the name of the accessed website, file, date and time of the access, amount of data transferred, notification about successful access, browser type and version, the user's operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider.
- The processing of this information takes place based on legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR (e.g. to optimize the online service) as well as to ensure the security of processing in accordance with Article 5 paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR (e.g. for the defence and clarification purposes of cyberattacks)
- This information will be automatically deleted 4 weeks after the termination of the connection / your use of the Online Service, unless any other retention periods require otherwise.
- The collection of the data and the storage of the data in log files is essential for the provision of the online service. Therefore users are not entitled to the options of erasure, objection or correction.
2.2 Information about Google services
- We use various services of Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland on our website.
- Through the integration of Google services, Google may collect information (including personal data) and process it. It cannot be ruled out that Google also transmits the information to a server in a third country.
The transmission to the USA depends on the function in which personal data is transmitted. As the responsible party, we ourselves may transfer data to Google in the USA for further use.
Currently, there is no adequacy decision pursuant to Art. 45 GDPR. However, the transfer can be based on standard contractual clauses. Google has committed to comply with the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries (Standard Contractual Clauses - SCC). More information about the Standard Contractual Clauses is available at
- We ourselves cannot influence which data Google actually collects and processes. However, Google states that, in principle, the following information (including personal data) may be processed, among others:
- Log data (in particular the IP address)
- Location-related information
- Unique application numbers
- Cookies and similar technologies Information on the types of cookies used by Google can be found at policies.google.com/technologies/types.
- If you are logged into your Google account, Google may add the processed information to your account depending on your account settings and treat it as personal data.
- Google states the following about this, among other things: "If you are not signed into a Google Account, we store the data we collect with unique identifiers associated with the browser, app, or device you are using. This allows us to ensure, for example, that your language settings are maintained across all browser sessions. If you are logged into a Google account, we also collect data that we store in your Google account and consider to be personal data." (https://privacy.google.com/take-control.html)
- You can prevent this data from being added directly by logging out of your Google account or also by making the appropriate account settings in your Google account. Furthermore, you can change your cookie settings (e.g. delete cookies, block cookies, etc.).
- You can find more detailed information in the privacy notices of Google, which you can access here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- You can find notes on Google's privacy settings at https://privacy.google.com/take-control.html.
2.3 Links to other websites
- While using some of our services you will be automatically redirected to other websites.
2.4 Job offers
- In the career section you will find our current job offers.
- You can also submit your application to us by e-mail.
- We point out that data transmission on the internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) can have security gaps. Complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
- You can revoke the use of your personal data at any time free of charge with effect for the future.
2.5 Google Analytics
- Google acts on our behalf within the framework of order processing in accordance with Article 28 GDPR. We have concluded a data protection agreement with Google that contains the EU standard data protection clauses.
- We use Google Analytics with IP anonymization enabled.
- Google Analytics stores cookies in your web browser for a period of two years since your last visit. These cookies contain a randomly generated user ID that can be used to recognize you during future website visits. Users can prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser software accordingly; users can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to their use of the online offer to Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- The recorded data is stored together with the randomly generated user ID, which enables the evaluation of pseudonymous user profiles. This user-related data is automatically deleted after 26 months. Other data remains stored in aggregated form indefinitely.
- For more information on data usage by Google, settings and revocation options, please visit Google's websites: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=de ("Data use by Google when you use our partners' websites or apps"). https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads ("Data use for advertising purposes") https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated ("Manage information Google uses to serve ads to you").
- We use the video portal "YouTube" of the company Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (hereinafter: "Google") on our internet pages (videos) in order to achieve a smooth integration of the videos as well as an appealing design of our website. The legal basis for the data processing is your consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) a GDPR.
- We use the "extended data protection mode" option provided by Google for this purpose.
- When you call up a page that has an embedded video, a connection is established to the Google servers and the content is displayed on the website by informing your browser.
- According to Google's information, in "extended data protection mode" your data - in particular which of our web pages you have visited as well as device-specific information including the IP address - is only transmitted to the YouTube server in the USA when you watch the video. By activating a video, you consent to this transmission.
- If you are logged in to Google at the same time, this information will be assigned to your YouTube member account. You can prevent this by logging out of your member account before visiting our website.
- In some cases, information is transmitted to the parent company Google Inc. based in the USA, to other Google companies and to external partners of Google, each of which may be located outside the European Union. Google uses standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission for this purpose and relies on adequacy decisions issued by the European Commission with regard to certain countries.
- During the use of the video portal, the domains googlevideo.com ("Google Video"), ggpht.com ("Google Photos") and fonts.gstatic.com (Google Fonts) are called up. Furthermore, the "DoubleClick" advertising network from Google is reloaded; see section 2.7 “DoubleClick”. The legal basis is also your consent.
- Doubleclick by Google is a service of Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
- With your consent to the use of Youtube Doubleclick is automatically reloaded. You agree to the processing of the data collected about you by Google in the manner and for the purpose described above.
- You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software. You can also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookies and related to your use of the websites to Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link under the item "Extension to DoubleClick deactivation".
- You can find more information on DoubleClick by Google and data protection here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en
- Our website uses the analysis service etracker. The provider is etracker GmbH, Erste Brunnenstraße 1, 20459 Hamburg, Germany.
- Usage profiles can be created from the data under a pseudonym. Cookies can be used for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of your Internet browser. The cookies make it possible to recognize your browser again. The data collected with the etracker technologies will not be used to personally identify visitors to our website without the separately granted consent of the person concerned and will not be merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym.
- You can object to the collection and storage of data at any time with effect for the future. To object to the collection and storage of your visitor data for the future, you can use the following link to obtain an opt-out cookie from etracker, which will ensure that no visitor data from your browser will be collected and stored by etracker in the future: http://www.etracker.de/privacy?et=V23Jbb.
2.9 Google Tag Manager
- We use the Google Tag Manager on our website. The Google Tag Manager is a service of Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
- Through the Google Tag Manager, we can integrate various codes and services on our website in an orderly and simplified manner. The Google Tag Manager implements the tags or "triggers" the embedded tags. When a tag is triggered, Google may process information (including personal data) and process it. In doing so, it cannot be ruled out that Google also transmits the information to a server in a third country.
- In particular, the following personal data is processed by the Google Tag Manager:
- Online identifiers (including cookie identifiers).
- IP address
- In addition, you can find more detailed information about the Google Tag Manager on the websites https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/
as well as at
https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/index.html (section "Data we receive based on your use of our services").
- Furthermore, we have concluded an order processing contract with Google for the use of the Google Tag Manager (Art. 28 GDPR). Google processes the data on our behalf in order to trigger the stored tags and display the services on our website. Google may transfer this information to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
- If you have deactivated individual tracking services (e.g. by setting an opt-out cookie), the deactivation remains for all affected tracking tags that are integrated by the Google Tag Manager.
- By integrating the Google Tag Manager, we pursue the purpose of being able to carry out a simplified and clear integration of various services. In addition, the integration of the Google Tag Manager optimizes the loading times of the various services.
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data described here as part of the measurement process is consent expressly granted by you in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
- The legal basis for the processing of those data that are processed in the context of obtaining consent is our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in being able to prove that you have given your consent to the measurement procedure (Art. 7 (1) GDPR).
2.10 Consent management by Usercentrics
- We process the following data in the process:
- Consent data or data of consent (anonymized log data (Consent ID, Processor ID, Controller ID), Consent Status, Timestamp).
- Device data (e.g. shortened IP addresses (IP v4, IP v6), device information, timestamp)
- User data (e.g. eMail, ID, browser information, SettingIDs, Changelog)
- The ConsentID (contains the above data), the Consent status incl. timestamp are stored in the local memory of your browser and simultaneously on the cloud servers used. Further processing will only take place if you submit a request for information or revoke your consent. In this case, the relevant information is provided to us in a compact data format in an easily readable text form for the purpose of data exchange (JSON file).
- No user information is stored for the statistics of the use of the granted or not granted consent. Only the frequency and locations of clicks are stored.
- The personal data is stored on a Google Cloud server located in the EU (Brussels, Frankfurt am Main).
- The purpose of the data processing is the analysis and management of the consents granted, in order to comply with our obligation of a GDPR-compliant consent management. The use of Usercentrics serves the purpose of proving granted and non-granted consents as well as their management.
- The legal basis for the management of your consents for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the legally secure documentation and verifiability of consents, the control of marketing measures on the basis of the consent granted as well as the optimization of consent rates.
- The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required. The associated cookie has a term of 60 days. The revocation document of a previously granted consent is kept for a period of three years. The retention is based on the one hand on our accountability pursuant to Art. 5 para. (2) GDPR.
3. Processing for the purpose of carrying out our business processes
3.1 Personnel application
For reasons of better readability, the simultaneous use of masculine and feminine and various forms of language is dispensed with - within the framework of the following explanations. All references to persons apply to all genders: m/f/d.
3.1.1 Direct applications
- We offer you the opportunity to apply to us (e.g. by e-mail or post). In the following, we inform you about the scope, purpose and use of your personal data collected during the application process. We assure you that the collection, processing and use of your data will be carried out in accordance with applicable data protection law and all other legal provisions and that your data will be treated in strict confidence.
- Scope and purpose of data collection. If you send us an application, we process your associated personal data (e.g. contact and communication data, application documents, notes taken during interviews, etc.) insofar as this is necessary to decide on the establishment of an employment relationship. The legal basis for this is § 26 BDSG (initiation of an employment relationship), Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR (general contract initiation) and - if you have given your consent - Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. The consent can be revoked at any time. Your personal data will only be passed on within our company to persons who are involved in processing your application.
- If the application is successful, the data submitted by you will be stored in our data processing systems on the basis of § 26 BDSG and Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR for the purpose of implementing the employment relationship.
- Storage period of the data.
- If we are unable to make you a job offer, if you reject a job offer or withdraw your application, we reserve the right to retain the data you have submitted for up to 6 months from the end of the application process (rejection or withdrawal of the application) on the basis of our legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR). The data will then be deleted and the physical application documents destroyed. This storage serves in particular as evidence in the event of a legal dispute. If it is evident that the data will be required after the 6-month period has expired (e.g. due to an impending or pending legal dispute), the data will only be deleted when the purpose for further storage no longer applies.Longer storage may also take place if you have given your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR) or if legal storage obligations prevent deletion.
3.1.2 Inclusion in the applicant pool
- If we do not make you a job offer, we may be able to include you in our applicant pool. In the event of inclusion, all documents and details from the application will be transferred to the applicant pool in order to contact you in the event of suitable vacancies.
- The inclusion in the applicant pool is based exclusively on your express consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR). The provision of consent is voluntary and is not related to the current application process. The person concerned can revoke his/her consent at any time. In this case, the data from the applicant pool will be irrevocably deleted, unless there are legal reasons for retention.
- The data from the applicant pool will be irrevocably deleted no later than two years after consent has been given.
3.2 Contact Form and Contacting via E-Mail
- When contacting us (via online form or e-mail), the data provided by the user will be processed exclusively for processing the inquiry and its handling.
- Any other use of the data will only take place based on the given consent from the user.
- The users' data will be stored in our Customer Relationship Management System (‘CRM System’) or a comparable software/database. The legal retention periods for business letters apply.
3.3 Email Newsletter (Sending of the Additive Report)
- Our email newsletter is sent via the technical service provider Newsletter2Go GmbH, Köpenicker Str. 126, 10179 Berlin (hereinafter "Newsletter2Go"), to whom we pass on your data provided during newsletter registration. This transfer takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR and serves our legitimate interest in using an effective advertising, secure and user-friendly newsletter system. The data entered by you for the purpose of receiving newsletters (e.g. e-mail address) is stored on the servers of Newsletter2Go in Germany.
- Newsletter2Go uses this information to send and statistically evaluate the newsletters on our behalf. For the evaluation, the sent e-mails contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are single-pixel image files stored on our website. This makes it possible to determine whether a newsletter message has been opened and which links, if any, have been clicked on. With the help of so-called conversion tracking, it can also be analyzed whether a predefined action (e.g. purchase of a product on our website) has taken place after clicking on such links. In addition, technical information is collected (e.g. time of retrieval, IP address, browser type and operating system). The data is collected exclusively pseudonymously and is not linked to your other personal data, a direct personal reference is excluded. This data is used exclusively for the statistical analysis of newsletter campaigns. The results of these analyses can be used to better adapt future newsletters to the interests of the recipients.
- If you wish to object to the data analysis for statistical evaluation purposes, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter.
- We have concluded an order processing agreement with Newsletter2Go, with which we oblige Newsletter2Go to protect our customers' data and not to pass it on to third parties.
- You can find more information about the data protection of Newsletter2Go at https://www.newsletter2go.de/datenschutz/.
4.1 General Information
- Cookies are information transmitted by our web server or third-party web servers to the users' web browsers where they are stored for later retrieval. Cookies can be in the form of small files or any other types of information storage.
- In the case that users do not want that cookies are stored on their computer, they will be asked to disable the corresponding option in their browser's system settings. Saved cookies may be deleted in the system settings of the browser. The exclusion of cookies can lead to functional impairments of this online service.
4.2 Cookie overview, objection
- You can find an up-to-date overview of the cookies used on this website in the consent management platform "Usercentics" (see paragraph 2.10).
- You can also manage your individual consents or preferences there.
Version: September 2022